The Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education provides learning opportunities that support dance.
- provides rhythmic and expressive movements
- Improved mental functioning, well-being of general and psychological
- music and the physical activity is proven to benefit mental health and well-being by improving mood etc.
- Improve condition of heart and lungs
- Increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- Improve muscle tone and strength
- Weight management
- Stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Better coordination, agility and flexibility
- Improved balance and spatial awareness
- Increased physical confidence
- Greater Self-confidence and self-esteem
- Better social skills